Monday 5 November 2012

Gotta Love Technology!

Today was a busy day (I know what you're thinking..."Aren't they ALL busy days?"...and yes, it's true..they ARE all busy...)! Our principal brought in a guest for the day (as well as a few subs to cover some of our classes while we worked with our guest)...Our guest was  a teacher from another school division with a strong background in using technology in her school.  She worked with the middle years teachers on various websites and programs, and how to use them with our kiddies.  Then, she worked with us early years teachers on how to make the most of interactive whiteboards (mainly SmartBoards). We got a lot of fantastic ideas, but by the end of the day, I can honestly say that my head was full!

Technology has been a big part of our school life lately...even our S.A.G.E. day was used as a brainstorming day, with some of my colleagues sharing ideas on mimio activities, SmartBoard work, and hands-on iPad tips.
 

If you are starting to use an iPad, feel free to download my iPad tips by clicking {here}...this is not a list of apps, etc...it's simply some tips on how the iPad works.  I hope that it helps!

I'm still discovering how to fit technology into my classroom on a regular basis...the desktops, the mimio, the iPads...but the exploration is definitely fun!

Take care!

Tammy

0 comments:

Post a Comment